Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lutheran Schools Week: Day Two - Stanza Two




I've been in Lutheran schools for over forty-five years. 
  • While I've gone from sitting in the desks to standing in front of them, one trait hasn't changed: Christ. 
  • While I've gone from eating lunch in the cafeteria to supervising students who would prefer throwing grapes to eating them, one trait hasn't changed: Christ.
  • While I've gone from reading Shakespeare to assigning it, one trait hasn't changed: Christ.
  • While I've gone from obeying dress code as a student, to obeying dress code as a teacher, one trait hasn't changed: Christ.
  • While I've gone from sinning as a student to sinning as a teacher, one trait hasn't changed: Christ. 
My sins are the reason I have been baptized for this moment.  In Christ my sins are washed away.  My temporal and eternal life is forever changed now that Christ rescued me at my baptism.  Sin no longer disturbs my soul. 
God's Own Child, I Gladly Say It
Stanza 2
Sin, disturb my soul no longer: I am baptized into Christ!
I have comfort even stronger: Jesus’ cleansing sacrifice.
Should a guilty conscience seize me, since my baptism did release me
In a dear forgiving flood, sprinkling me with Jesus’ blood?

No comments: