Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lutheran Schools Week: Day Three - Stanza Three


Unfortunately, some believe baptism is something man does.  Unfortunately, some believe that man initiates this means of grace.  Unfortunately, some inject human reason into this divine miracle.  
That's why the best line of this hymn is found at the end of this verse. God unites me.  I don't do anything.  God does everything in this miracle.
God's Own Child, I Gladly Say it
Stanza 3
Satan, hear this proclamation: I am baptized into Christ!
Drop your ugly accusation; I am not so soon enticed.
Now that to the font I’ve traveled, all your might has come unraveled,
And, against your tyranny, God, my Lord, unites with me!

While my favorite line is not scripture it certainly echoes the truth of God's Word as found in Acts 2: 38 - 39.
 “Repent,” Peter said, “and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Chris for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself”
Yes, I am God's own child.  
I loudly, boldly, confidently, gladly say it.

No comments: