It will be a great Thanksgiving if...
* The Lions win and nobody shows up. Really, why do I care if this inept team does not sell enough tickets to lift the blackout? Why would companies want to pick up the tab to ensure this debacle of a football team is seen by anyone outside the Detroit Metropolitan area?
* The Turkey Trot is chilly but not arctic. The new course prevents me from staying inside the comfy corridor of Cobo. The start and finish are at different places. As I amble from the start to the finish, my heart rate will increase to dangerously high numbers, like all the rest of the runners...only I won't be running.
* I grade every last paper that has been haunting me lately.
* I make a good showing in the annual "Up & Down the River" card game at my inlaws.
* We remember all gifts given to us pale in comparison to the gift of redemption attained and given to us through Christ's death on the cross.