Sunday, November 23, 2008

T-3 and counting


Thanksgiving break is nearing. Along with the turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, and liver bits embedded in the moist dressing, is also the opportunity to read The Genius Factory, by David Plotz
I've mentioned this quirky book on a previous post and now I'll get to enjoy the read. I may not like it but that journey is as rewarding as liking a book. Both are learning experiences.
Reading this text is not the hub of my Thanksgiving experience.
Without a nanosecond's hesitation that is Christ and everything he gained for me and gave to me: hope, forgiveness, eternal joy and salvation.
During this break I'm looking forward to going to the Turkey Trot and continuing our seven year tradition: Aaron and his chums run, we watch. I'll be scrutinizing the video of our basketball scrimmage with Chippewa Valley - we open with a road game against Almont and the Fillies need to be ready. I'll be heading to the state football championships on Friday to continue that tradition with my college son.
I'll also give thanks for all the temporal and eternal blessings the Lord has showered upon me.

No comments: