Thursday, May 29, 2008

Difficult Math: 3-1 = 2


In grade school math was always difficult. It didn't change much in high school and I'm not sure I darkened the door of any math classroom in college. There are many reasons I teach English for a living - my affinity for math isn't one.

This morning I experienced a practical mathematical application. The Civic normally transports three Brandts in the morning. This morning, May 28 that number decreased by 1: Papa Brandt + Baby Brandt - Senior Brandt = Two Brandts and a very different feel to the ride.

Oh, we left a bit earlier but there was nobody sleeping as we passed the local landmarks - a different ride indeed.

I guess it's just the start of many differences as Senior Brandt looks to the horizon and plots the beginning of his next race.

No comments: