Friday, May 25, 2007

Cycle, Laugh, Repeat


Another glorious trek in from The Clem. Although he doesn't want to admit it, my riding partner - Tim Hardy has been bitten by something worse than a little radio-active spider. I scoff at you Peter Parker. No, the fangs of the Cycling Bug have done their damage. After our little spin to school one week ago, Tim took it upon himself and rode in Wednesday. Today we saddled up in our organic kits and hit the roads of Macomb County.
I opted for the defiant Stick-it-to-the-man jersey. I loved the statement, despite the bleeding of temporary markers I used. It was even a great conversation starter when we posed for the gas station photo.

Allow me to transcribe our conversation:
Inquisitive, Truck-drivin', Co2Fume-Spewin Vehicle Operator: You all havin' some kinda protest of sompin?
Me: I can't pay $3.55 per gallon (as I show the jersey)
ITD'nFSVO: It's $3.31 a gallin at Costco
Me: I paid $0.00 per gallon this morning!
ITD'nFSVO: Rock on, dude. (as Marlboro 100 smoke seeps from the inner lung chamber)


The ripple effect is getting larger. Four seniors rode in today and used my room as their bike stand. Next week there promises to be more. If this keeps up I may have to add an exterior bike rack to my English budget. Books and bikes: a perfect combination.

1 comment:

Timothy Finkelstein said...

Great Post! Absolutly speechless...your clever defiance motivates me!